State procession from the Queen's palace to the western door of Westminster Abbey, on the 28th of June, 1838, the day of Her Majesty's coronation : under the direction of one of the Queen's equerries, with two assistants.
- [London] : J. Hartnell, Red Lion Court, Fleet Street, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( page) ; 134 x 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 49kAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Caption title, preceded (at top) by wood-engraved royal arms.
Printed on two sheets, neatly affixed end-to-end; the second sheet begins with text listing Her Majesty's fourth carriage.
The body of the document is printed in blue ink; the ornamental border in red ink.
Broadside. The text includes the order of the procession, which includes: trumpeters; a squadron of life guards (periodically throughout); carriages of the foreign resident ministers; carriages of the foreign ambassadors and ministers extraordinary; carriages of the resident foreign ambassadors; mounted band of a regiment of the Household Brigade; carriages of the branches of the royal family, with their respective escorts; the Queen's Barge-master; the Queen's forty-eight Watermen; Her Majesty's carriages (twelve carriages); the State Coach ... conveying the Queen.
- Subject Terms:
- Coronations -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers.Processions -- Great Britain.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Coronation.
Wood engravings -- 1838.
YCBA Collections Search
State procession from the Queen's palace to the western door of Westminster Abbey, on the 28th of June, 1838, the day of Her Majesty's coronation , 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.