IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Evans, R. H. (Robert Harding), 1777-1857, Catalogue of the splendid and valuable library of the late John Rennie, esq. ... , 
Catalogue of the splendid and valuable library of the late John Rennie, esq. ... : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Evans at his house, no. 93, Pall Mall, on Monday July 13, and four following days.
- [London] : [R.H. Evans], 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 14 no.2-3 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- British Museum. List of catalogues of English books sales, 1676-1900, page 177
Date of sale: July 13-17, 1829.
Place of sale: London.
Pt. 1: 955 titles, sold "Monday, July 13, and four following days, 1829"; pt. 2: 1117 titles, sold "Monday, July 20, and five following days, 1820."
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with prices and buyers' names for some lots. Number 2-3 of 14 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf, with binder's ticket of T. Armstrong (the Strand). Armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
LSF,ARTR X348 E92 1829/7/13-25: Partially priced in ms., with other ms. notations and markings.
- Subject Terms:
- Book auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Booksellers' catalogs -- England -- London.England.Incunabula -- Catalogs.Incunabula.Libraries.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Private libraries -- England -- Catalogs.Private libraries.Rare books -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.Rare books.Rennie, John, 1761-1821 -- Library -- Catalogs.
- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
Auction catalogs -- 1829 07 13-25.
Auction catalogues -- 1829 07 13-25.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.