The Iliad of Homer : the first twelve staves translated into English by Maurice Hewlett.
- Additional Title(s):
Iliad. Book 1-12. English.
- London : The Cresset Press Limited, MCMXXVIII 
Edinburgh : Printed in Great Britain by R. & R. Clark, Limited, 
- Physical Description:
- , xiii, , 227,  pages ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA4025.A3 H4 1928+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition is limited to 750 copies of which 725 are for sale in England and America."--First preliminary page.
BEIN Gfh91 +Eg928H Copy 1: "This edition is limited to 750 copies of which 725 are for sale in England and America. This copy is number 331." Bound in half-cloth, vallum back, with gilt device on front cover.
BEIN Gfh91 +Eg928H Copy 2: Binding variant. "This edition is limited to 750 copies of which 725 are for sale in England and America. This copy is number 625." Bound in half-cloth, of a different texture from the above, cloth back, without device on front cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 235 of 750. Bound in publisher's original quarter vellum with orange buckram boards. Gilt device on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Achilles (Mythological character) -- Poetry.Epic poetry, Greek -- Translations into English.Trojan War -- Poetry.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.