Modern Scottish women , 2015
Modern Scottish women : painters and sculptors, 1885-1965 / edited by Alice Strang.
- Edinburgh, Scotland : Trustees of the National Galleries of Scotland, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 128 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits (some color) ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryN6779 .M63 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published to accompany the exhibition of the same name, held at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, Edinburgh from 7 November 2015 to 26 June 2016.
Artists represented: Louise Annand, Hazel Armour, Mary Armour, Isabel Brodie Babianska, Wilhelmina Barns-Graham, Helen Biggar, Phyllis Mary Bone, Mary Syme Boyd, Margaret Oliver Brown, Mary Cameron, Pat Douthwaite, Joan Eardley, Anne Finlay, Hannah Frank, Norah Neilson Gray, Ann Henderson, Gwynneth Holt, Beatrice Huntington, Dorothy Johnstone, Kathleen Scott Kennet, Jessie M. King, Princess Louise (Duchess of Argyll), Bet Low, Margaret MacDonald Mackintosh, Bessie MacNicol, Margaret Campbell MacPherson, Cathleen Mann, Margaret Mellis, Josephine Haswell Miller, Eleanor Allen Moore, Margaret Morris, Mabel Pryde Nicholson, Agnes Miller Parker, Ivy Gardner Proudfoot, Anne Redpath, Flora MacDonald Reid, Margot Sandeman, Dorothy Carleton Smyth, Stansmore Dean Stevenson, Phoebe Anna Traquair, Ethel Walker, Ottilie MacLaren Wallace, Cecile Walton, Gertrude Alice Meredith Williams, Doris Zinkeisen.
Includes bibliographical references (page 120-127).
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Scottish -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Art, Scottish -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Art, Scottish.Scotland.Women artists -- Scotland -- Biography -- Exhibitions.Women artists -- Scotland -- History -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Women artists -- Scotland -- History -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Women artists.