Verandering van woonste : Chs. Everts & Cie : van Kronenberg (Pruyssen) : magazyn van alle soorten van yzer-waeren.
- [Place of publication not identified] : L. Defferrez. Sablon 12, Gand. [1840s?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card ; 21 x 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTJ1195 .D44 1840 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The subtle iridescent colours of these 1840s Belgian trade cards, lithographed on porcelain-coated card, were created by metallic dust which was applied when the glue-based printing ink was still wet. When the hazardous nature of the practice (it is said that the dust contained mercury) was realised in the 1860s, production ceased ..."--A Nation of Shopkeepers. (The Bodleian Library : 2001).
Trade card for Chs. Everts & Cie, tool and hardware merchant. The card includes text within oramenal border of cooking utensils. Color illustrations at bottom of card of various hand tools, lock and keys, and hinges. Includes French translation of part of advertisement.
- Subject Terms:
- Chs. Everts & Cie.Hinges -- Prussia (Germany)Implements, utensils, etc. -- Prussia (Germany)Keys -- Prussia (Germany)Locks -- Prussia (Germany)Tools -- Prussia (Germany)
- Porcelain cards (trade cards)
Chromolithographs -- 1840-1849.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.