Evans, R. H. (Robert Harding), 1777-1857, Catalogue of the valuable collection of prints and drawings of the late John North, Esq. of East Acton , 
- Catalogue of the valuable collection of prints and drawings of the late John North, Esq. of East Acton : consisting of his Pennant's History of London, illustrated, containing an extensive variety of portraits and topography many of which are extremely rare : including numerous topographical drawings in colours, all neatly inlaid on large paper of an uniform size : also, heads of illustrious characters of the present Reign, intended to illustrate Gifford's Life of Mr. Pitt : beautiful original drawings in fixed water colours of subjects from the Old and New Testament, by R. Westall, R.A. : choice of modern engravings by the most celebrated masters, among which are nearly the whole of the works of those eminent artists Messrs. James and Charles Heath, proofs and plates : Last Supper by Raphael Morghen, fine proof; works of Woollett, proofs, &c. &c. : which will sold by auction, by Mr. Evans, at his house, no. 96, Pall-Mall, on Wednesday February 2nd, and six following days, Sunday excepted.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Mr. North's Pennant illustrated original drawings by Westall, R.A. collection of British portraits, &c.
- [London] : [R.H. Evans], 
London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co.
- Physical Description:
- 63,  pages ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6 v. 30 no. 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- 939 lots.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 9720
Place of sale: London.
Date of sale: February 2-9, 1820.
SML,Y X348 E92 1820/2/2-9: Partially uncut. Originally bound with SML,Y X348 E92 1819/3/29-5/28, and owned by E. L. Perceval.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 2 of 2 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf. Armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Drawing, British -- Catalogs.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.Heath, Charles, 1785-1848.Heath, James, 1757-1834.Morghen, Raffaello, 1761-1833.North, John -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Perceval, E. L. -- Ownership.Prints, British -- Catalogs.Prints, European -- Catalogs.Westall, Richard, 1765-1836.Woollett, William, 1735-1785.
- Auction catalogs -- 1820 02 02-09.
Auction catalogues -- 1820 02 02-09.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.