G. W.'s transparencies , [approximately 1840?]
- G. W.'s transparencies : Tintern Abbey.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Tintern Abbey
- London : Published by Reeves and Sons, Cheapside : W. Morgan, 64, Hatton Garden : T. Fisher, 1, Hanway Street, Oxford Street : J. Reynolds, 174, Strand : and W. Wilson, Jun. 16, King William Street, City., [approximately 1840?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : lithograph, hand colored ; 19 x 15 cm, on mount 27 x 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA664.T5 T56 1840 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and imprint are printed on caption adhered to mount.
Hand-colored print of the exterior of Tintern Abbey. When illuminated from beind there is a change from a daylight to an evening effect. The moon has have been pierced through and tissue paper pasted behind so that when the lithograph is held to the light the moon appears to shine.
- Subject Terms:
- Church architecture -- Wales.Ruins.Tintern Abbey -- Pictorial works.
- Transparent prints.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1838.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.