IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Stevens, Wallace, 1879-1955, Study of two pears =, 2003
Study of two pears = Etude de deux poires : a poem / by Wallace Stevens ; with a translation into French by Bernard Noël ; and mezzotints by Judith Rothchild.
- Additional Title(s):
Study of two pears. French & English
- Octon [France] : Verdigris, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 28 x 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 5Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David BurnettView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "The edition of fifty copies is printed on Hahnemühle paper as a leporello. The mezzotints, embossments, and screen-prints on the wrappers, slipcases and boxes, were printed by the artist. The hand-set letterpress was printed on an Albion press of 1867 by Mark Lintott, who also made the slipcases and boxes. The mezzotints were also printed in an edition of 35. The deluxe edition of six copies, numbered 1/50-6/50, contain the original copper plates representing two pears (either one or two plates). They are presented in clamshell boxes. The books numbered 7/50-50/50 are presented in slipcases. Numbers 44/50-50/50 are 'hors commerce.' 50/50 is reserved for the Bibliothèque Nationale de France."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 30 of 50, signed by Rothchild and Lintott. In original illustrated wrappers; with slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Pears -- Pictorial works.Pears -- Poetry.Women in natural history.
- Livres d'artistes.
Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Mezzotints -- 2003.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.