Wright, James, coach builder, Billhead recording repairs to the carriages of Sir George Musgrave in Penrith,Cumbria, from March, 1864 to January, 1865, 1864-1865
- Billhead recording repairs to the carriages of Sir George Musgrave in Penrith,Cumbria, from March, 1864 to January, 1865.
- Penrith, 1864-1865.
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS2003.G7 W75 1864 British Art Center BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Billhead of James Wright, coach builder, Friar Street, Penrith, recording carriage repairs for Sir George Musgrave from March, 1864 to January, 1865. Charges include repair of brakes, paint and varnish of carriage, wheel repair, cleaning and washing, oiling and many other repairs totalling £77/15/0. Wright records receipt of payment on Feb. 21, 1865.
Includes a "Penny Lilac" tax stamp affixed to page .
The engraved billhead features an illustration of Wright's carriage shop.
Completed in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Carriage and wagon making -- England.Carriages & coaches.Carriages and carts -- Maintenance and repair -- Prices.Carriages and carts -- Maintenance and repair.Edenhall (England)Musgrave, George, Sir 1799-1872.Penrith (England)Storefronts -- England.
Receipts (financial records)
Engravings -- 1864-1865.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.