W. & J. Proud, coach builder, Billhead recording repairs to the carriages of the late Sir Musgrave Brisco in Carlisle from July 21, 1886 to December 19, 1886, 1887
- Billhead recording repairs to the carriages of the late Sir Musgrave Brisco in Carlisle from July 21, 1886 to December 19, 1886.
- Carlisle, 1887.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( pages) : illustrations ; 34 cn
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS2003.G7 P76 1887 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Billhead of W. & J. Proud, coach & coach harness makers, recording carriage repairs from July 21, 1886 to December 19, 1886. Charges include repairs and work on a Victoria Phaeton, Brougham, Waggonette and a 4 wheeled dog cart. Repairs include cleaning, painting, japanning and oiling totalling £45/12/6. Joseph Proud records receipt of payment on Dec. 19, 1887.
"Established 1770. West Tower St. Carlisle and Penrith."
"N.B. Neat gigs to let."
"Five per cent interest charged on all overdue accounts."
Engraved coat of arms at top: Super nuber surget phœbus.
Includes a "Penny Lilac" tax stamp affixed to verso.
Completed in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Brisco, Musgrave, 1791-1854.Carriage and wagon making -- England.Carriages and carts -- Maintenance and repair -- Prices.Carriages and carts -- Maintenance and repair.W. & J. Proud, coach builder.
Receipts (financial records)
Engravings -- 1864-1865.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.