IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sutton, Emily, 1983-, Robin on a crabapple branch, 2008
Robin on a crabapple branch.
- Physical Description:
- 1 embroidered bird ; 13 x 23 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFlat C 2017 1aYale Center for British Art, Gift of Nancy and Robert LindemeyerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Full Orbis Record:
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The work depicts a European robin (Erithacus rubecula) perched upon a branch of a crabapple tree.
" ... made from painted and embroidered fabric, wrapped wire, glass (eyes) and wood (beak). It is part of an ongoing series of birds that I have been making since 2007 which were inspired by an interest in taxidermy as well as both American and British folk art traditions."--Correspondence from the artist, February 10, 2016.
- Subject Terms:
- Birds -- Great Britain.Crabapples.European robin.Folk art.Robins.Taxidermy.Women in natural history.
- IIIF Manifest:
A Decade of Gifts and Acquisitions (Yale Center for British Art, 2017-06-01 - 2017-08-13) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.