Casteel, Sarah Phillips, 1974-, Calypso Jews , 
Calypso Jews : Jewishness in the Caribbean literary imagination / Sarah Phillips Casteel.
- New York : Columbia University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 336 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR9205.05 .C39 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Caribbean Area.Caribbean literature (English)Caribbean literature (English) -- History and criticism.Caribbean literature (French)Caribbean literature (French) -- History and criticism.Jews -- Caribbean Area -- Identity.Jews -- Identity.Jews in literature.Jews in literature.
- Sephardism in Caribbean literature: Derek Walcott's Pissarro
- Marranism and Creolization: Myriam Chancy and Michelle Cliff
- Port Jews in slavery fiction: Maryse Condé and David Dabydeen
- Plantation Jews in slavery fiction: Cynthia McLeod's Jodensavanne
- Calypso Jews: John Hearne and Jamaica Kincaid
- Between camps: M. Nourbese Philip and Michèle Maillet
- Writing under the sign of Anne Frank: Michelle Cliff and Caryl Phillips.