IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
[Photographic postcard of an unidentified group of people seated in an open top bus], [approximately 1910-1920?]
[Photographic postcard of an unidentified group of people seated in an open top bus].
- [England?], [approximately 1910-1920?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 postcard : sepia tint ; 9 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1842 .C44 1910 Box xFriends of British ArtYale Center for British Art, Friends of British ArtView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Photographic postcard, sepia tinted, of a large group of people seated in an open top bus. Written on card in white ink: Visting Goughs Caves Cheddar.
Gough's Cave is located in Cheddar Gorge on the Mendip Hills, in Cheddar, Somerset, England. The cave is 295 feet deep and over a mile long and contains a variety of large chambers and rock formations. It contains the Cheddar Yeo, the largest underground river system in Britain.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 20th century.Buses -- Great Britain.Caves -- England -- Cheddar.Cheddar (England) -- Pictorial works.Clothing and dress -- 20th century.Fashion -- Great Britain.Photography -- Great Britain.Postcards -- Specimens.Tourism -- Great Britain -- 20th century.
- Photographic postcards.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.