Bengo, John, Advice to proprietors, on the care of valuable pictures painted in oil , 1835
- Advice to proprietors, on the care of valuable pictures painted in oil : with instructions for preserving, cleaning, and restoring them, when damaged or decayed / By an artist.
- London : Sherwood, Gilbert, and Piper, 1835.
- Physical Description:
- 82 p. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1640 A3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Attributed to John Bengo--perhaps the engraver of the same name (1760-1841).
"Advertisement. The author, having during his whole life made the cultivation of the fine arts his peculiar study, and particularly directed his attention to the cleaning, restoring, and preserving from further decay, works of art, by the old and modern Masters, offers his services to those noblemen and gentlemen who may have ancestral portraits, or other pictures, in their possession, which require restoration ...[signed] Brook Lodge, High Wycombe, Bucks.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- History.Painting -- Conservation and restoration.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.