A. Gotelee (Oldham, England), A. Gotelee, bookseller, stationer, binder and a general printer, Post Office, Oldham , 1892
- A. Gotelee, bookseller, stationer, binder and a general printer, Post Office, Oldham : begs to announce that his Christmas Sale will be opened on Tuesday, November 22nd, 1892, and following days, when a choice selection of English & foreign goods, suitable for presents, will be on view.
- Oldham : Designed and executed by S.H. Clinker, Overseer with the above, 1892.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232.G68 BoxYale Center for British Art, Gift of George Gregory Smart, Yale BA 1977Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printing specimen. Text printed in red and black and is within an ornamental border which is printed in red, black, blue and cream.
"Christmas and New Year Presents."
"An early inspection is respectfully solicited."
"Christmas and New Year Cards, from all the best makers."
"Contributed to vol. XIII, Printers' International Specimen Exchange, 1892."
The work of A. Gotalee is noted in The printers' international specimen exchange (1880), and The British printer (1895).
- Subject Terms:
- Book industries and trade -- Great Britain.Color printing -- Great Britain.Gotelee, A.Printers -- Great Britain.Printing -- Great Britain.Stationery trade -- Great Britain.
Chromoxylographs -- 1892.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.