In memory of the late John Distance : who died May 16th, 1854 : aged 25 years.
- England, 1854.
- Physical Description:
- 1 embossed print : letterpress ; 80 x 120 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .D57 1854 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975, lists the baptism of John Distance, son of George and Ann Distance, on 12 April 1829 in Sutton-Upon-Derwent, York.
"Be warned by my sudden call, Ourselves for death prepare, For it will come you know not when, The manner how nor where."
Memorial card, in remembrance of John Distance. The text is printed letterpress, framed by embossed Gothic tracery, with black border.
- Subject Terms:
- Death.Distance, John, 1829-1854.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.