In memory of Jane, the beloved wife of William Stead, of Sherburn , 1865
In memory of Jane, the beloved wife of William Stead, of Sherburn : who died January 27th, 1865 : aged 34 years.
- Sherburn, England, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- 1 embossed print : letterpress ; 80 x 120 mm and 1 envelope ; 80 x 120 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .S74 1865 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- In the 1861 census, William Stead, age 32, is recorded as a general laborer in Sherburn. He and Jane, 32, share the household with six children.
"Farewell my husband my life is past, I lived and loved you to the last, And now we've parted no sorrow take, Buy love my children for my sake."
Memorial card, in remembrance of Jane Stead. The text is printed letterpress, framed by embossed tracery of angels and memorial wreaths, against a black background. Accompanied by the original envelope. Edged in black with embossed seal on flap.
- Subject Terms:
- Death.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Stead, Jane, -1865.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.