In affectionate remembrance of James Page : who fell asleep in Jesus August 19th, 1885 : aged 63 years.
- Suffolk, England, 1885.
- Physical Description:
- 1 cut paper card : letterpress ; 80 x 120 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .P345 1885 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Interred in Somerleyton Churchyard, August 24th."
"Affliction sore long time I bore, Physicians were in vain, Till God did please to give me ease, And free me from my pain."
Memorial card in remembrance of James Page. The text is printed letterpress on cream card, framed by cut paper work with Gothic imagery, with a black edge.
- Subject Terms:
- Death.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Page, James, -1885.Paper work -- Great Britain -- Specimens.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.