In memory of Jacob Henry Tillett, would-be-M.P. for his native city : November, 17th, 1868 : July, 12th, 1870 : February, 4th, 1874 : March, 5th, 1875, 1892
- In memory of Jacob Henry Tillett, would-be-M.P. for his native city : November, 17th, 1868 : July, 12th, 1870 : February, 4th, 1874 : March, 5th, 1875.
- [Norwich, England], 1892.
- Physical Description:
- 1 card : illustrations ; 110 x 80 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .T55 1892 BoxAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Jacob Henry Tillett was an English Liberal Party politician who sat in the House of Commons for Norwich variously between 1870 and 1885.
Memorial card, in remembrance of Jacob Henry Tillett. The text is printed against a black background. An engraving of a funeral carriage at top. Engraving of a casket, J.H.T. R.I.P, at bottom.
"Carried on the "Shoulders of the People," and lowered by the "Working Man."'
"Funeral oration by G.A.S."
"Down among the dead men let him Lie."
- Subject Terms:
- Carriages & coaches.Death.Funeral processions.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Horses.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Tillett, Jacob Henry, -1892.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
Engravings -- 1892.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.