Sem au Bois / Sem ; AR.
- Additional Title(s):
- [Paris] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : chromolithograph ; sheets end-to-end 35 x 903 cm, rolled to 35 x 7 cm (scroll fomat)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 14Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Visual Materials
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 627
Created by Sem in collaboration with Auguste Roubille.
Title stamped in gilt on front cover.
In J.R. Abbey's Life in England in aquatint and lithograpy, 1770-1860, this work is referred to as Grand Prix (entry 627). The Abbey copy is in scroll format and lacks the cover title.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy, on original wooden roller (in scroll format). Lacks covers. Includes handwritten key to 129 individuals in the procession.
Caricature depicts a procession of carriages and automobiles conveying members of the Jockey Club of Paris, and well-known persons of the day, probably through the Bois de Bologne to the races at Longchamp.
- Subject Terms:
- Jockey Club (Paris, France) -- Caricatures and cartoons.Prints, French -- 20th century -- Specimens.Upper class -- France -- Paris -- Caricatures and cartoons.Wit and humor, Pictorial.
- Panoramas -- France -- Paris.
Chromolithographs -- 1900.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.