In affectionate remembrance of John Stringer, the beloved husband of Sarah Ann Stringer : who died January 6th, 1888.
- Yarmouth, England, 1888.
- Physical Description:
- 1 embossed card : letterpress ; 78 x 116 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .S77 1888 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The Norfolk County Record Office records the marriage of John Stringer and Sarah Ann Wooden on March 19, 1848, at Yarmouth St Nicholas, Norfolk, England. In the 1881 census, John Stringer, age 60, is recorded as a general laborer in Great Yarmouth. He and Sarah, 58, shared the household with two children.
"Weep not for me, the God of love has claimed me for His own; fix all your thoughts and hopes above, and meet me at His throne."
Memorial card, in remembrance of John Stringer. The text is printed letterpress on cream card, framed in embossed Gothic tracery, against a black background with cream edging.
- Subject Terms:
- Death.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Stringer, John, -1888.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
In affectionate remembrance of John Stringer, the beloved husband of Sarah Ann Stringer , 1888
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.