Scottish Widows' Fund Mutual LIfe Assurance Society : all profits divided among the policyholders : a great bonus-yielding office : funds £21,000,000 : annual revenue £2,250,000 : prospectuses on application : head office: Edinburgh-9 St. Andrew Square : London : 28 Cornhill, E.C.., and 5 Waterloo Place, S.W.
- Edinburgh, [approximately 1914]
- Physical Description:
- 1 bookmark : illustrations ; 15 x 6 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHG8597 .S36 1914 BoxYale Center for British Art, Gift of George Gregory Smart, Yale BA 1977Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This is one of a series of designs by the famous, artist, Walter Crane, specially prepared for the Scottish Widows' Fund Life Assurance Society : the complete set may be had free on application to Head Office : Edinburgh-9 St. Andrew Square : London : 28 Cornhill, E.C., and 5 Waterloo Place, S.W."
Walter Crane did 19 drawings for a calendar for the Scottish Widows' Fund. Design, in navy blue and white, is that of a couple, on a pond, ice skating.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- Great Britain.Bookmarks -- Specimens.Crane, Walter, 1845-1915, artist.Ice skating.Life insurance -- Great Britain.Scottish Widows' Fund and Life Assurance Society.
Trade cards (advertising)
YCBA Collections Search
Scottish Widows' Fund and Life Assurance Society, Scottish Widows' Fund Mutual LIfe Assurance Society , [approximately 1914]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.