Prince of Wales Theatre (London, England), [Program for performance by Marion Hood in Dorothy at the Prince of Wales theatre], [approximately 1887]
- [Program for performance by Marion Hood in Dorothy at the Prince of Wales theatre]
- Alternate Title(s):
- Under the direction of George Edwardes, the highly successful comedy opera in three acts entitled Dorothy by B.C. Stephenson & Alfred Cellier.
At head of title: Prince of Wales's Theater. Proprietor, Mr. Edgar Bruce. Lessee & manager, Mr. Horace Sedger.
- London : Artistic Stationery Company Ltd., [approximately 1887]
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1284.G7 P75 1887 BoxAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Pagination statement includes wrappers.
Cover chromolithraphed in blue and gold. Text within decorative border with image of strolling troubadour.
"This evening at 8:30, the highly successful comedy opera (in three acts), entitled, Dorothy, by B.C. Stephenson and Alfred Cellier."
"Produced by Charles Harris."--Cover.
Cast list for Dorothy: Miss Marion Hood (Dorothy Bantam), Miss Edith Chester (Lydia Hawthorne), Miss Carr-Shaw (Phyllis Tuppitt), Miss Harriet Coveney (Mrs. Pivet), Miss Graham (Lady Betty), Mr. Redfern Hollins (Geoffrey Wilder), Mr. C. Hayden Coffin (Harry Sherwood), Mr. Furneaux Cook (Squire Vantam), Mr. Edward Griffin (John Tuppitt), Mr. Arthur Williams (Lurcher), Mr. John Le Hay (Tom Strutt)
Includes advertisements for Schweppe's Table Water, Vienna Coffee, Hudson's Highland Scotch Whiskey, Hudson's Dublin Whiskey, Egyptian Cigarettes, and Brinsmead's Pianos.
Page  bears an advertisement for "A Happy Day. A family farce by Richard Henry."
Page  bears an advertisement for "Monte Cristo, Jr." to be produced at the Gaiety Theatre on Thursday, December 23rd, at 8 o'clock.
- Subject Terms:
- Actors -- Great Britain.Artistic Stationery Company, Ltd. -- Publisher.Carr-Shaw, Lucy, 1853-1920.Cellier, Alfred, 1844-1891. Dorothy -- Stage History.Chester, Edith, 1861-1894.Coffin, Hayden, 1862-1935Cook, Furneaux, 1839-1903.Coveney, Harriet.Graham, Miss.Griffin, Edward.Harris, Charles, 1859-1943, producer.Hollins, Redfern.Hood, Marion, 1854-1912.Le Hay, John, 1854-1926.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Musical theater -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Prince of Wales Theatre (London, England)Stephenson, B. C. (Benjamin Charles), -1906. Dorothy -- Stage history.Theater -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Theater programs -- England -- London.Theaters -- England -- London.Williams, Arthur, 1844-1915.
- Theater programs -- England -- London.
Chromolithographs -- 1887.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.