Geo. W. Hughes (Birmingham, England), Geo. W. Hughes stainless steel pens, early 20th century
Geo. W. Hughes stainless steel pens.
- Additional Title(s):
Geo. W. Hughes Bayard pens
- Birmingham, England : Geo. W. Hughes, early 20th century.
- Physical Description:
- 1 box (72 pen nibs) ; 52 x 72 x 21 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS1263 .B3 FlatYale Center for British Art, Gift of Elisabeth FairmanView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Geo. W. Hughes, St Pauls Pen Works, Birmingham. Made in England."--Box side.
The box-top depicts "Bayard, the Stainless Knight."
BAC: British Art Center copy is unopened.
Box of steel pen nibs manufactured by Geo. W. Hughes, of Birmingham. The side of the box is stamped: "72 pens with reservoir, no. 1297."
- Subject Terms:
- Geo. W. Hughes (Birmingham, England)Pens -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Writing materials and instruments -- Specimens.
- Drafting, drawing and writing equipment.
Nibs (pen points)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.