An account of the first discovery, and natural history of Florida : with a particular detail of the several expeditions and descents made on that coast / collected from the best authorities by William Roberts ; illustrated by a general map, and some particular plans, together with a geographical description of that country, by T. Jefferys, geographer to His Majesty.
- London : Printed for T. Jefferys, at Charing-Cross, MDCCLXIII 
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 102 pages,  folded leaves of plates : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF314 .R63 1763Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps engraved by Thomas Jefferys.
Letter with some observations on the country of Florida, by Thomas Robinson: page 95-102.
English short title catalogue, T100147
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 71926
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in tan half calf with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Colonization -- Early works to 1800.Discoveries in geography -- Early works to 1800.Florida -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Florida -- Discovery and exploration.Florida -- History -- Colonial period to 1821 -- Early works to 1800.Florida -- History -- Spanish colony, 1565-1763.Natural history -- Florida -- Pre-Linnean works.Voyages and travels -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps: Florida from the latest authorities
- Plan of the harbour and settlement of Pensacola
- View of Pensacola on the Island of Santa Rose
- Plan of the Bay of St. Joseph in the Gulf of Mexico
- Plan of Bahia Del Espiritu Santo on the West side of Florida
- Plan of the town and harbour of St. Augustin.