IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Roberts, William, active 1763, An account of the first discovery, and natural history of Florida , MDCCLXIII 
An account of the first discovery, and natural history of Florida : with a particular detail of the several expeditions and descents made on that coast / collected from the best authorities by William Roberts ; illustrated by a general map, and some particular plans, together with a geographical description of that country, by T. Jefferys, geographer to His Majesty.
- London : Printed for T. Jefferys, at Charing-Cross, MDCCLXIII 
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 102 pages,  folded leaves of plates : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF314 .R63 1763Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps engraved by Thomas Jefferys.
Letter with some observations on the country of Florida, by Thomas Robinson: page 95-102.
English short title catalogue, T100147
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 71926
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in tan half calf with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Colonization -- Early works to 1800.Discoveries in geography -- Early works to 1800.Florida -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Florida -- Discovery and exploration.Florida -- History -- Colonial period to 1821 -- Early works to 1800.Florida -- History -- Spanish colony, 1565-1763.Natural history -- Florida -- Pre-Linnean works.Voyages and travels -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps: Florida from the latest authorities
- Plan of the harbour and settlement of Pensacola
- View of Pensacola on the Island of Santa Rose
- Plan of the Bay of St. Joseph in the Gulf of Mexico
- Plan of Bahia Del Espiritu Santo on the West side of Florida
- Plan of the town and harbour of St. Augustin.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.