A concise account of North America : containing a description of the several British colonies on that continent, including the islands of Newfoundland, Cape Breton, &c. : as to their situation, extent, climate, soil, produce, rise, government, religion, present Boundaries, and the number of inhabitants supposed to be in each : also of the interior, or westerly parts of the country, upon the rivers St. Laurence, the Mississipi, Christino, and the Great Lakes : to which is subjoined, an account of the several nations and tribes of Indians residing in those parts, as to their customs, manners, government, numbers, &c. : containing many useful and entertaining facts, never before treated of / by Major Robert Rogers.
- London : Printed for the author, and sold by J. Millan, bookseller, near Whitehall, MDCCLXV 
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 264 pages ; 20 cm (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1013 .R64 1765Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Signatures: a⁴ B-2L⁴
Page 214 mispaged as 194.
"It is proposed to continue this Concise account of North America in a second volume, containing maps of the several colonies, and of the interior country of North America, more correct, and easier to be understood than any yet published. To be printed by subscription. Subscriptions to be taken in by J. Millan, ... Price to subscribers will be one English guinea, ... Robt. Rogers."--Advertisement, p. [viii].
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in full contemporary tan calf. Armorial bookplate, with motto "vi et virtute."
- Subject Terms:
- Canada -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Canada -- Description and travel.Indians of North America.United States -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.United States -- Description and travel.
- Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Rogers, Robert, 1731-1795, A concise account of North America , MDCCLXV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.