Scrope, William, 1772-1852, Days and nights of salmon fishing in the Tweed , 1843
- Days and nights of salmon fishing in the Tweed : with a short account of the natural history and habits of the salmon, instructions to sportsmen, anecdotes, etc. / by William Scrope ; illustrated by lithographs and wood engravings by L. Haghe, T. Landseer, and S. Williams, from paintings by Sir David Wilkie, Edwin Landseer, R. A., Charles Landseer, William Simson, and Edward Cooke.
- London, John Murray, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 298 p.,  leaves of plates (some col.) : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1945Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN: Uzk62 843S: Imperfect: half-title wanting. Bookplate: Moreau Delano. On front panel of binding: abridged shield of Calhoun College surmounting "rs." 25 cm. No advertisements at end.
BEIN 2000 +10: Bookplate: Frederic Robert Halsey. Bookseller's label: Slocombe & Simms ... Leeds. Binder's ticket: Bound by Remnant & Edmonds, London. Publisher's advertisements on  p. at end, not noted in pagination.
BAC: British Art Center copy: First edition. Greyish-green cloth; gold and blind stamped on front and back covers and spine, gold lettering on spine. Binding by Rivière and Son. Presentation copy from the author to J? Dadd. Frontispiece, lithographs. Plates after Edward Cooke, Sir David Wilkie, Louis Haghe, William Simson, Charles Landseer. All lithographed by Louis Haghe; lithographs printed by A. Spottiswoode. Spine height: 10 1/2 inches.
Added t.p. illus., engraved.
- Subject Terms:
- Calhoun College (Yale University) -- Binding.Delano, Moreau -- Bookplate.Halsey, Frederic Robert -- Bookplate.Salmon fishing -- Tweed River (Scotland and England)Salmon fishing.Salmon.
- Binders' tickets (Binding) -- Remnant & Edmonds.
Booksellers' labels (Provenance) -- Slocombe & Simms
Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 1843.
Armorial bindings (Binding)
Armorial bindings (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.