Smith, Thomas, 1790-1878, The life of a fox, written by himself , 1843
- The life of a fox, written by himself / with illustrations by Thomas Smith.
- London : Whittaker and co., 1843
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.l., [v]-ixp., 1 l., 150 p. : front., plates. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2021Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Dedication signed: Wily.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 172
BAC: British Art Center copy: Fine diaper-grain pale pink cloth; printed in black on front and back covers and spine, pictorial printing of a fox scene and decoration on front and back covers. The binder's label of Westleys & Clark, London, is pasted on the back pastedown endpaper. The cloth was printed by lithography and then embossed. Half-title, frontispiece, title-page, errata note, 5 plates of lithographs, 1 lithograph in text. Illustrations by Thomas Smith. Spine height: 7 7/8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Anecdotes, facetiae, satire, etc.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.