State of the British and French colonies in North America : with respect to number of peoples, forces, forts, Indians, trade and other advantages : in which are considered, I. The defenceless condition of our plantations, and to what causes owing : II. Pernicious tendency of the French encroachments, and the fittest methods of frustrating them : III. What it was occasioned their present invasion, and the claims on which they ground their proceedings : with a proper expedient proposed for preventing future disputes : in two letters to a friend.
- London : Printed for A. Millar, in the Strand, MDCCLV 
- Physical Description:
- , 190 (that is, 150) pages ; 21 cm (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE199 .S73 1755Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Signatures: [A]1 B-K⁸ L⁴ (-L4).
Page 150 misnumbered 190.
Price from imprint: price 2 s. 6 d.
English Short Title Catalog, T45619
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to American from its discovery to the present time, 90601
Includes bibliographical references.
BEIN Cb14 45: Page 150 incorrectly numbered 190.
BEIN 755 St3: Forms part of the Benjamin Franklin Collection.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue-gray wrappers. In green cloth covered box.
- Subject Terms:
- France -- Colonies -- North America.Great Britain -- Colonies -- America.United States -- Politics and government -- 1754-1763.
YCBA Collections Search
State of the British and French colonies in North America , MDCCLV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.