Glig-gamena angel-deod : or, the sports and pastimes of the people of England ; including the rural and domestic recreations, May-games, mummeries, pageants, processions, and pompous spectacles, from the earliest period to the present time ; illustrated by engravings selected from ancient paintings ; in which are represented most of the popular diversions / By Joseph Strutt.
- London : Printed by T. Bensley, 1801.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.l., 1, , 301,  p. : col. front., XXXIX col. pl. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2146Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy: Red striated calf; tooled in gilt on front and back covers and spine, gold lettering on spine, all edges marbled, green place-marking ribbon. Frontispiece, title-page, errata note, 40 plates of hand-colored engravings. Illustrated by engravings selected from ancient paintings. Spine height: 12 1/8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Social life and customs.Games -- England.Sports -- England.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.