Horda angel-cynnan, or, A compleat view of the manners, customs, arms, habits, &c. of the inhabitants of England : from the arrival of the Saxons, till the reign of Henry the Eighth : with a short account of the Britons, during the government of the Romans : in two volumes / by Joseph Strutt ; author of the regal and ecclesiastical antiquities of England.
- Additional Title(s):
Compleat view of the manners, customs, arms, habits, &c. of the inhabitants of England
- London : Sold by Benjamin White, at Horace's Head, in Fleet-Street, MDCCLXXV-MDCCLXXVI [1775-1776]
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA110 .S92 1775+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Errata slips tipped in opposite page 112 of volume 1, and opposite page 2 of volume 3.
Volume 3 notes "In three volumes" on the title page, and bears the imprint: "Printed for Walter Shropshire, 1776." Contains index for all 3 volumes, pages 1-10.
Includes 158 engravings, printed in brown ink.
ESTC (RLIN), T75203
Cicognara, L. Catalogo ragionato dei libri d'arte, 2821
BEIN By6n +775s: Armorial bookplate: Thomas Amyot.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gilt-tooled red morocco. Errata slips wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Amyot, Thomas, 1775-1850 -- Bookplate.England -- Social life and customs -- 1066-1485.England -- Social life and customs -- 16th century.England -- Social life and customs -- 17th century.England -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.England -- Social life and customs -- To 1066.Great Britain -- History -- 1066-1687.Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.Great Britain -- History -- To 1066.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Engravings -- 1775-1776.
YCBA Collections Search
Strutt, Joseph, 1749-1802, Horda angel-cynnan, or, A compleat view of the manners, customs, arms, habits, &c. of the inhabitants of England , MDCCLXXV-MDCCLXXVI [1775-1776]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.