Surtees, Robert Smith, 1805-1864, "Ask mamma" , 1858
- "Ask mamma" : or, The richest commoner in England / by the author of "Handley cross," "Sponge's sporting tour," etc. etc. ; with illustrations by John Leech.
- London : Bradbury and Evans, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- ix, , 412 p. : illus., 13 col. pl. (incl. front.) ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2171Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN J18 L516 858S: Bookplate of Charles Asa Clough.
BAC: British Art Center copy: First edition in the original parts I-XIII. 13 parts. Octavo. Original greyish-pinkish-pale red wrappers printed in black on front and back outsides and insides, pictorial printing on outsides of the front wrappers. Spine height: 9 inches. Brown quarter morocco, and brownish-pink cloth slip-case; gold lettering on spine. Title-page, 13 plates of hand-colored etchings, 70 wood-engravings in text, 1 wood-engraving on title page. Illustrations by John Leech. Spine height: 9 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Clough, Charles Asa -- Bookplate.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.