Surtees, Robert Smith, 1805-1864, "Plain or ringlets?" , 1860
- "Plain or ringlets?" / by the author of "Handley Cross", "Sponge's sporting tour", "Ask Mama", etc. etc. ; with illustrations by John Leech.
- London : Bradbury and Evans, 11, Bouverie street, 1860.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.l., [v]-viii, , 406 p. : illus., 12 col. pl. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2191Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Jn18 390: Original 13 parts in 12, uncut, as issued.
BAC: British Art Center copy: First edition. Parts I-XIII. Octavo. 13 parts in 12 original parts. Original greyish-pinkish-pale red wrappers; printed in black on front and back outsides and insides, pictorial printing on outsides of front wrappers. Reddish-brown quarter morocco, and light red cloth slip-case; gold lettering on spine. Title-page, errata note, 13 plates of hand-colored etchings, 54 wood-engravings in text, 1 wood-engraving on title-page. Illustrations by John Leech. Spine height: 9 1/2 inches.
Added t. p., illustrated in colors.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.