Five years' residence in the Canadas : including a tour through part of the United States of America, in the year 1823 / by Edward Allen Talbot, Esq., of the Talbot Settlement, Upper Canada ; in two volumes.
- Additional Title(s):
Spine title, on printed label: Five years' residence in Canada
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1824.
London : James Nichols, printer, 22 Warwick Square
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1008 .T35 1824 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1008 .T35 1824 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations are uncolored aquatints, by T. Brown.
Printer statement from title page verso.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 94229
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 619
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bookplate of the Halifax Literary and Philosophical Society's Library in both volumes. Stamped in black ink on the frontispiece of both volumes: C Library Halifax.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is bound in publisher's original brown boards, with printed spine labels. Bookplate: Stuart W. Jackson.
- Subject Terms:
- C Library Halifax -- Stamp.Canada -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Canada -- Description and travel.Halifax Literary and Philosophical society's Library -- Bookplate.Jackson, Stuart W. -- Bookplate.New York (State) -- Description and travel.United States -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- 1824.
YCBA Collections Search
Talbot, Edward Allen, 1801-1839, Five years' residence in the Canadas , 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.