Taplin, William, 1740?-1807, The sportsman's cabinet, or, A correct delineation of the various dogs used in the sports of the field ... , 1803-04
- The sportsman's cabinet, or, A correct delineation of the various dogs used in the sports of the field ... : consisting of a series of engravings ... illustrated by a comprehensive ... description ... : to which is added, a scientific disquisition upon the distemper, canine madness, and the hydrophobia / By a veteran sportsman.
- London : Printed and published for the proprietors, by J. Cundee; sold by T. Hurst [etc.], 1803-04.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : front., illus., plates ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2208Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Uzfg27 +803t: One plate wanting. Extra illustrated edition. Bookplate of D.C.M.
BEIN Uzfg27 +803tb: Another issue. 30 cm. Preliminary leaves and p. -134 of v. 1 printed from a new setting of type. Bound in 1 vol. by Thomas Gosden with his bookplate. Bookplate of Francis Worship.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Parts I - XXV, in two volumes. Quarto. Various, original wrappers; printed in black. Red quarter morocco, and red cloth box-case; gold lettering on front cover: "Collection of Mrs. L.W. Bonney" and gold lettering on spine. 25 engraved plates by John Scott after P. Reinagle. Spine height: 13 inches.
Added t.p. engraved.
Engravings by John Scott.
- Subject Terms:
- Gosden, Thomas, 1780-1843 -- Bookplate.Hunting -- Early works to 1800.Hunting dogs.Worship, Thomas -- Bookplate.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.