An historical account of the rise and growth of the West-India collonies : and of the great advantages they are to England, in respect to trade. Licenced according to order.
- London : Printed for Jo Hindmarsh at the Golden-Ball, over against the Royal-Exchange, 1690.
- Physical Description:
- , 53,  p. : ill. (table) ; 20 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHC155.B8 T56 1690Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Dedication signed: Dalby Thomas.
Reprinted in: The Harleian miscellany. London, 1808-11. 11 v. 22 cm. vol. 9 (1810) p. 403-445.
Signatures: pi² (-pi1) A² B-H⁴ (-H4; H4 = pi2?)
Woodcut table on leaf E3r.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt- and blind-tooled sprinkled calf.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), T961
English short title catalogue, R38344
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 32056
- Subject Terms:
- Brit tracts -- 1690 (BEIN)Great Britain -- Colonies -- America -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Colonies -- West Indies -- Early works to 1800.West Indies -- History -- 17th century -- Early works to 1800.West Indies, British -- Economic conditions -- Early works to 1800.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1690.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas, Dalby, Sir, An historical account of the rise and growth of the West-India collonies , 1690