A sporting tour through the northern parts of England, and great part of the highlands of Scotland; including remarks on English and Scottish landscape, and general observations on the state of society and manners. Embelished with sixteen engravings, by Messrs. Medland, Pouncy, Landseer, Peltro, etc. from paintings made on purpose, by Mr. Garrard. By Colonel T. Thornton...
- London : Printed for Vernor and Hood; [etc., etc.], 1804.
- Physical Description:
- 14 p.l., 312 p., 2 l. : front., plates ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2249Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 81
BAC: British Art Center copy: Dark red half roan-sheepskin, and marbled board covers; tooled in gilt on the leather of the front and back covers and spine, pictorial tooling and lettering on the spine, blind stamped on the spine, all edges brown, green place-marking ribbon; white end papers. Frontispiece, title-page, errata note, 16 plates of engravings, photographs and clippings etc. tipped in front and back covers. Plates from paintings by Mr. Garrard. Manuscript notations by Harry Worcester Smith. Spine height: 10 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel.Highlands (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Sports -- Scotland.
YCBA Collections Search
Thornton, Thomas, 1751 or 2-1823, A sporting tour through the northern parts of England, and great part of the highlands of Scotland;, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.