Greening , ca. 1855?
- Greening : tanner, currier, saddler, collar and harness maker : Dorchester.
- Great Britain, ca. 1855?
- Physical Description:
- 1 printing plate : copper ; 90 x 70 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Pr 1Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George Gregory Smart, Yale BA 1977Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Copper plate used in the printing of Greening's trade card.
"Horses carefully fitted."
PO directory of Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorsetshire, 1855, lists George Greening, currier, residing on High Street, Dorchester.
Plate engraved by Anthony.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising cards -- Great Britain.Commercial printing -- England.Copperplates -- Specimens.Greening, George, active 1855.
- Printing plates -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.