Joseph Fenson and Sons : Sykes Works, Bridge St., Sheffield.
- Great Britain, ca. 1870?
- Physical Description:
- 1 printing plate : copper ; 12 x 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Pr 12Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George Gregory Smart, Yale BA 1977Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Copper plate used in the printing of Joseph Fenson and Sons trade cards.
Joseph Fenson and Sons was a manufacturer of strait razors, cutlery, and knives. The company was founded by Joseph Fenton in 1795 and was situated on Scotland Street, Sheffield. In the early 1870's the firm moved to Sykes Works on Matilda Street and Eyre Street.
Plate is not signed.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising cards -- Great Britain.Commercial printing -- England.Copperplates -- Specimens.Cutlery -- Great Britain.Joseph Fenson and Sons.
- Printing plates -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.