Racing in America : 1922-1936 / written for the Jockey Club by John Hervey.
- New York : Privately Printed, the Jockey Club, c1937.
- Physical Description:
- x, 293 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., ports. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF347 .H47c+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A continuation of Racing in America: 1866-1921, by W. S. Vosburgh. Cf. Introd.
With an errata slip, tipped in at front.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 446
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original quarter brown cloth and tan boards, with printed spine label. A presentation copy, from the Jockey Club to Harry Worcester Smith. Two printed reviews of the title tipped in at front. Also appended at front is a TLS (dated Dec. 11, 1937) from the author to Harry Worcester Smith, discussing the present work.
A history of thoroughbred horses and racing in the United States.
- Subject Terms:
- Hervey, John -- TLS to H.W. Smith, Dec. 11, 1937.Horse racing -- History.Horse racing -- United States.Jockey Club -- Pres. letter to Harry Worcester Smith, 1937.Jockey Club -- TLS to Harry Worcester Smith, Feb. 21, 1938.1Race horses -- United States.Smith, H.W. -- TLS from John Hervey, Dec. 11, 1937.Smith, Harry Worcester Smith -- Pres. letter from The Jockey Club, 1937.Smith, Harry Worcester Smith -- TLS from The Jockey Club, Feb. 21, 1938.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.