Memento : Inventions Exhibition, South Kensington, 1885 : "Our grandmothers prints" in ye Olde London Streete.
- Additional Title(s):
Our grandmothers prints in ye Olde London Streete
- London : Ye Leadenhalle Presse, [1885?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : copper engraving, b&w ; image 15 x 11 cm, on sheet 20 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Pr 23Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George Gregory Smart, Yale BA 1977Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraving of people in period dress surrounded by border of cupids and flowers.
Typesigned: F. Bartolozzi Sc. 1763. Below print: "Bartolozzi Prints, Republished at Ye Leadenhalle Presse, 50, Leadenhall Street, London, E.C."
On verso: 'Inventions Exhibition.--"Our Grandmothers Prints" in old-fashioned frames. Prospectus free. Choice memento, with charming Bartolozzi Cupid Border (1763) : sixpence, post free. Old Street, No. 3, first [illegible], & The Leaden Hall Press, 50, Leadenhall St., E.C."
- Subject Terms:
- Cupids.Engraving, Italian.Engraving, Italian.Souvenirs (Keepsakes) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- 1885.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.