Southern hawker : Aeshna cyanea.
- Additional Title(s):
Title on back of case: Bug ball 2015
- England, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 bug ball ; in display case 15 x 15 x 6 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL465.M6 S68 2015 FlatYale Center for British Art, acquired with funds from the Bequest of Daniel S. KalkView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Bug ball 2015. Bespoke hand embroidery, 100% wool from the finest Morden Hall Alpacas. Claire Moynihan [artist's signature], Made in England, ©Claire Moynihan 2010."--Printed label on underside of the case.
The ball is pinned within an entomological display case made of oak, with a fixed glazed lid.
Title from hand-written label placed within the display case.
Hand-embroidered alpaca wool "bug ball" depicting a southern hawker (dragonfly), in a glass-fronted display case, by Claire Moynihan. The dragonfly is embroidered with threads of multiple colors, with wings of a gauze, placed upon a dark gray felt ball.
- Subject Terms:
- Aeshna cyanea -- Collection and preservation.Aeshna cyanea -- Pictorial works.Dragonflies -- Collection and preservation.Dragonflies -- Pictorial works.Entomology.Insects -- Collection and preservation.Insects -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.