A view of Avebury / Andy English.
- Cambridgeshire : Isle Handpress, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet : wood-engraving ; 60 x 250 mm folded to 60 x 40 mm, attached to boards 70 x 50 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.E577 A94 2015Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed from the wood in an edition of 100."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 14 of 100, signed by the artist.
Accordion-folded sheet bears a wood-engraved depiction of the stone circle at Avebury. With a title panel at front and a colophon panel at back. Attached to marbled paper covered boards with turquoise ribbon ties.
"Avebury is a particularly special place to me. This concertina book was engraved on boxwood, printed in an Albion handpress and bound by Andy English at the Isle Handpress in rural Cambridgeshire. Undo the laces to see the panorama."--Printed sheet (11 x 11 cm) accompanying the volume.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Avebury (England) -- Antiquities.English, Andy, 1956-, -- Autograph.Megalithic monuments -- England.Miniature books -- Specimens.Private press books -- England -- Ely.Stone circles -- England -- Avebury.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Wood engravings -- 2015.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.