Day at the races / by Ken Ferguson ; poems by Anne Jones, Winifred Maughan, Janet Medcalf, Hugh Medcalf, Barbara Robinson, Elsbeth Williams.
- East Cramlington, Northumberland : Ken Ferguson, [1996?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1227 .D39 1996+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book contains a collection of poems by some members of The Newcastle and Tyneside Cymrodorion Society. The relief prints are designed, plates hand cut, then printed and hand coloured by Ken Ferguson. The type is 18pt Bodoni Bold, hand set and printed letter press, using a hand operated press by Ken Ferguson. Paper Fagriano Ingres 75lbs and Somerset cream 115lbs. The book edition has been limited to 60 copies only. Book designed, hand made, hand bound and published by: Ken Ferguson ..."
Issued in a limited edition of 60 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no 24 of 60. Signed by the artist. Bound in original quarter blue-gray cloth.
"Most people who go to a race meeting are interested in the horses, gambling and the excitement of the racing but I find I am watching the many different characters who are in the crowds and the things they do. I hope in this book I have managed to show some of the many characters, going about their daily lives and jobs, which may seem ordinary and mundane to them but to me they are the life and breath of the race meeting."--Leaf .
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' illustrated books -- Great Britain.Horse racing -- Art.Horse racing -- Poetry.Private press books -- England -- Northumberland -- Specimens.
- Livres d'artistes.
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Bodoni Bold.
Private press books -- England -- Northumberland.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.