Market visitors / by Ken Ferguson.
- East Cramlington, Northumberland : Ken Ferguson, 
- Physical Description:
-  pages : chiefly illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1147.6.F47 A4 2011+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Captions for illustrations written in graphite.
"The 28 illustrations in this book are lino cuts by Ken Ferguson, hand cut, then hand inked and printed letterpress. The 18 pt Bodoni Bold, hand set, hand inked and printed letterpress on an Albion Press by Ken Ferguson. Paper Somerset White 300 gsm. Book edition 60 with 20 loose copies to be sold as individual prints. Book designed, hand made, hand bound and published by Ken Ferguson."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 9 of 60, signed by the artist.
"The images depicted in this book are gathered from my observations at the markets and car boot sales in the North East of England. Having collected rather a large volume of reference material I am looking forward to producing many more books over the next few years."--Page .
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' illustrated books -- England -- Specimens.Markets -- Great Britain.Northumberland (England) -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Satire, English.
- Linocuts -- Hand-colored -- 2011.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.