Red crossbill (Loxia curvirostra), male, with Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.), from the natural history cabinet of Anna Blackburne.
- Great Britain, circa 1768.
- Physical Description:
- 1 drawing : watercolor and gouache over graphite, on parchment ; sheet 23 x 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 25, no. 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund, in honor of Jane and Richard C. Levin, President of Yale University (1993-2013)View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, page 150
- Subject Terms:
- Birds.Blackburne, Anna, 1726-1793.Flowers.Red crossbill.Scots pine.Women in natural history.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Bolton, James, active 1775-1795, Red crossbill (Loxia curvirostra), male, with Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.), from the natural history cabinet of Anna Blackburne, circa 1768