Ferguson, Ken, 1937-, Market visitors , 
- Market visitors : two / by Ken Ferguson.
- East Cramlington : Ken Ferguson, 
- Physical Description:
-  pages : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1147.6.F47 A4 2013+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "In Sept 2012 my local market in Cramlington closed down to make way for more new shops and leisure activities. The market has been transferred to the town of Blyth about 3 or 4 miles away, which really does not need another market day as they already have three. Loss of a market in any town affects all of the people in some form or other but to the older it is a place where they can meet for at lest [sic] one day a week and forget some of their problems while talking with old and new friends and buying their bits and pieces. The market also brought people from out of the country into the town centre creating a buzz and extra trade."--Page .
"The 34 illustrations in this book are lino cuts. Hand cut, hand inked, hand coloured, designed and printed letter press on Albion press by Ken Ferguson. Type: Bodoni Bold. Paper: Somerset White 300 gsms. Book designed, hand made, hand bound and published by Ken Ferguson."--Colophon.
Limited edition of 60 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 12 of 60, signed by the artist. In original blue quarter cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' illustrated books -- England -- Specimens.Cramlington (England) -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Markets -- Great Britain.Northumberland (England) -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Satire, English.
Linocuts -- Hand-colored -- 2013.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.