Esslemont, David, Taxi driver curry - 1 , 
- Taxi driver curry - 1 : Heathrow, 4.30 a.m., terminal 4 to 3, April 2014.
- Decorah, IA : Solmentes Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 21,  leaves : color illustrations ; 19 x 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.E87 T39 2015+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "There are many different ways to cook curry - this transcript of a conversation with a taxi driver describes just one approach and was recorded at 4.30 a.m. while travelling between terminals at London's Heathrow airport. The woodcuts are based on Indian Kolam, designs traditionally created outside homes to bring prosperity and ward off evil spirits."--Colophon.
"Fifty copies hand printed from the original woodblocks. Five copies in a deluxe binding and forty-five copies bound in printed cloth."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art center copy is no. 14 of 45 copies bound in printed cloth. Printed endpapers incorporate floral inclusions (endpapers purchased in Minneapolis -- see email from the artist). In original slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Specimens.Cooking (Curry)Cooking (Spices)Cooking, Southeast Asian.Kolam (House marks)
- Artists' books -- 2015.
Handmade papers (Paper)
Color woodcuts -- 2015.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.