English, Andy, 1956-, Some engraved stamps from the island of Vent du Sud , MMXI 
- Some engraved stamps from the island of Vent du Sud / imagined and engraved by Andy English.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Postes : Vent du Sud
- Ely : The Isle Handpress, MMXI 
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.E577 S66 2011 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.E577 S66 2011 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Nigel HamwayAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This is a small book about some imaginary stamps that I engraved for a country that did not exist--a French island enclave in the Mediterranean. Imaginary stamps such as these are often called 'Cinderella' stamps.The book contains five such stamps, each printed directly from the engraved woodblock, together with three pages of text. The book is sewn into card covers with a dark blue paper wrapper, with a label on the front showing one of the stamps printed in blue."--Artist's website, accessed April 25, 2016.
"This conceit was engraved and printed by Andy English in a numbered edition of sixty copies, together with fifteen specials which are lettered A-O and include a set of signed proofs of the wood engravings."--Colophon.
Place of publication from colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is no. 28 of 60, signed by the artist.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is no. 20 of 60, signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Cinderella materials (Philately) -- Specimens.
- Fine press books.
Wood engravings -- 2011.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.