Skellig revisited / Norman Ackroyd.
- [Yorkshire] : [Norman Ackroyd], 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 10 prints : aquatints ; sheets 23 x 37 cm, in box 26 x 40 cm,  pages ; 23 x 37 cm, and 1 map ; 21 x 29 cm, on sheet 22 x 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 26Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jason Bacon, Yale BA 1956Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The ten etchings are published in editions of 90 with 2 exhibition proofs and 2 printers' proofs. Numbers 1-50 and the proofs are collated into boxed sets ... The etchings are printed by Neil Woodall in Yorkshire from copper plates etched by the artist. The paper is 280 gsm Somerset rag from St. Cuthbert's Mill, Somerset, England. The solander box is built by Smith-Settle in Yorkshire. Typography and letterpress by Niamh Clancy."--Colophon.
"The Irish text is from the Annals of the Four Masters. Royal Irish Academy C3 422v. Line 1:A.D. 1044. Line 5: Aodh of Skellig Michael died."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of the 50 boxed sets. Each etching is titled, numbered ("8/50"), signed, and dated by Ackroyd, in graphite. In original solander box.
A set of ten etched landscapes depicting Skellig, Ireland. Etchings inside printed paper wraper with verse in Gaelic on front cover. Also present is a map of Skellig, marked with sites depicted in etchings.
- Subject Terms:
- Islands -- Ireland -- Pictorial works.Skellig Islands (Ireland) -- Maps.Skellig Islands (Ireland) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- 2015.
- 1. Blasket from Skellig
- 2. Puffin Island
- 3. Little Skellig
- 4. Skellig-North Landing
- 5. McCarthy's Castle
- 6. Scariff and Deenish
- 7. Abbey Island
- 8. Dursey Head
- 9. Cow Rock
- 10. Bull Rock.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.